Sort by date (when using search field)

I ran into a problem when looking for a mail from a specific day. The search for the subject  of the mail (the only available information given by the user) delivered lots of mails that met the search criteria. I was not able to sort them by date which did cost a lot of time since I had to scroll down ´til the end in order to make sure not to miss anything.

The support of keepit told me: "Sort options are available only when you are browsing folders without using the search field. If you type something, you are looking for, in the search field all files will be sorted by relevance and that is the only available option right now."

The support furthermore suggested to share my idea at this forum.

Thank you for considering if this funtionality could be useful and realized in further development.

Best regards,

Vera

5 people like this idea

I agree with Vera that it would be handy sort mails by date when searching. 

Best regards, 

Georgina 

in addition, the search field is limited to 19 characters which massively limits the search function. And as Vera wrote, you can't search for something specific because you can't turn off "smart search" which is even worse --> 

“Keepit identifies non-exact matches of search terms so relevant results will appear even if the terms are misspelled or incomplete. The results that most closely match your entry will appear at the top of the list. ” 

If I need to find mails from a specific sender for example, all mails from people with the same "First Name" OR "Last Name" OR even a "similar Name"(!!!) are found but I need only mails from a specific person. For us, the "Metadata" search is useless, we always need to download the PST to search with Outlook. Which is not possible for In-Place Archives btw ;-)

Please improve the search, I think most people don't need it "smart".

Login or Signup to post a comment