Importing simply takes data from one location and copies it to another location. For example, it can be from one account to another account. Or it can be from one account at a specific point in time and imported into that same account.
To start an import:
1. Click the gear icon the left of your connector and select Import data.
2. Select the account from which you’d like to import data.
When you select which account you would like to import from, this will also define where the data will come from.
3. Select a snapshot.
A snapshot represents a point in time when the backup was run. For example, if you select a “5 days ago” snapshot, Keepit will import the data from 5 days ago.
4. Select what to do with the data in case of duplicate files.
When importing files into a location that already contains files with the same name, you have the following options:
Rename duplicate files: This will rename the files you are importing. For example, importing a duplicate of “filename.png” will automatically create a duplicate file called “filename (1).png”.
Overwrite duplicate files: The imported files will simply overwrite the files that are already there. This means you will lose the latest changes to these files in the case that duplicates are restored.
Skip duplicate files: If the files are already there, you simply skip them. This option is useful when trying to restore data back to a location where only a few files are required.
5. Select what data should be imported.
Import only supports account-related data, which means it is not possible to use the Import function for Sites and Groups.
6. If you would like to import and create an entire account, select the check box next to Import and create entire account including sub-accounts.
7. Select which account to import from and which account to import to.
This takes the data from the account on the left side of the dialog and imports it to the account on the right side. The list of accounts to import from is comprised of the accounts that belong to the connector you are importing data from. The account you are importing to is the connector you selected when you originally chose to import.