In order to back up Salesforce, you have to have access to the Salesforce API. See the list of supported licenses:
It is also important that you use a user account with permissions to access all the data on your Salesforce agent.
How to create a Salesforce connector
To set up a Salesforce connector, follow these simple steps:
1. Click the Add button, and then select the Salesforce connector.
2. In the next dialog, click the Sign in with Salesforce account button.
3. You will be redirected to https://login.salesforce.com/, where you enter your Salesforce credentials to sign in.
Note: We cannot redirect you to https://test.salesforce.com/. Accordingly, we cannot back up files found in Salesforce Sandboxes.
4. Salesforce will ask for permission. Read through it and then allow access by clicking the Allow button.
5. You will be redirected to Keepit and the backup will be scheduled immediately.
After the initial backup has been run, the backup will run automatically several times a day. One thing you should be aware of is that if you have other applications that require a lot of API requests running with Salesforce, this can affect performance. Salesforce has a limit on API requests that can be sent each day, and if you reach your limit of requests, Salesforce will stop responding for the rest of that day.