Keepit supports in-place restore for individual Dynamics 365 data items (records). Records can be restored either individually or together with all related records.
Keepit does not restore metadata, but metadata can be previewed, shared, and downloaded.
If the original file still exists in Dynamics, it will be overwritten when you restore.
All security roles and security fields are restored properly.
1. Navigate to the record you want to restore.
Note: If you want to restore a record from an earlier point in time, in the upper-left corner select the monitor icon, select History Snapshots, and then select the appropriate snapshot.
2. Select the more options icon to the right of the record and then select Restore.
3. Select the method of restore and then select Yes.
- Restore only this record - Restoring only this record will restore only the selected record and no connected records.
- Restore related record(s) - Restoring related record(s) means that the record as well as all connected records that are found under it will be restored. For example, if you restore an account, you will also be restoring all records under the account (for example, Social Profiles, opportunities, activities, and contacts).
Note: If you select Restore related record(s), the restore job may be marked as failed in the Job Monitor even if the record and related record(s) successfully restores. This is because there is a chance that Microsoft will fail to restore system files. These system files are not needed to bring your data back.
What happens your data after you restore
The record (and if applicable all related records) will be restored back to Dynamics. If a record of the same name already exists in Dynamics, it will be overwritten.
Regardless of which method you select, the Job Monitor will show that more items were restored than selected. These additional items are metafiles that are invisible to the user in Dynamics but necessary for the proper functioning of the record.
If the metadata and/or configuration(s) attributed to the record in the snapshot is different from that in Dynamics, Keepit will still attempt to restore the record. Depending on the API, the record may or may not restore.