Step 1 – Sign in
To sign in:
1. Go to https://www.keepit.com
2. Click the Login tab in the upper-right corner.
3. Enter your email and password and click Sign in.
Step 2 – Download and install the Win/Mac client
1. Click the Download button to get the installer file. Keepit will detect if you are on a Windows or Mac and display the relevant installer file.
2. Please confirm the download by clicking Download.
3. Run the installer file and follow the instructions. You will see the sign-in box. Enter your credentials.
4. On the first login, you will see a box to configure which folders to include in your backup. The
default settings include your most important folders and documents, and the desktop. You can
uncheck a folder if you do not want it to be included in your backup. Click Next to launch the
5. After installation, the Keepit icon is visible in the taskbar (bottom screen on Windows, top screen on Mac).
6. Your computer will now be visible on the Keepit Website under the Physical Connectors section.
This example shows a device named “Home computer.” You can rename the connector by
clicking the gear icon, and then entering a new name in the field next to the icon.
7. Keepit will now start synchronizing all your selected data to the Keepit Cloud and keep your important data secure and backed up.
Note: The first time you need to synchronize all your data, it will probably take some time to complete, depending on the speed of your internet connection and the data size.