Below is a step-by-step guide to set up a Physical Connector to back up your device data.
- Sign in to Keepit.
- Under Physical Connectors, select Download to get the installer file. Keepit will detect if you are on a Windows or Mac and display the relevant installer file.
- Confirm the download by selecting Download.
- Run the installer file and follow the instructions. You will see the sign-in box. Enter your credentials.
- On the first login, you will see a box to configure which folders to include in your backup. The default settings include your most important folders and documents, and the desktop. You can uncheck a folder if you do not want it to be included in your backup. Click Next to launch the backup.
- After installation, the Keepit icon is visible in the taskbar (bottom screen on Windows, top screen on Mac).
- Your computer will now be visible in the Keepit platform under the Physical Connectors section. You can rename the connector by clicking the gear icon, and then entering a new name in the field next to the icon.
- Keepit will now start synchronizing all your selected data to the Keepit Cloud and keep your important data secure and backed up.
Note: The first time you need to synchronize all your data, it will probably take some time to complete, depending on the speed of your internet connection and the data size.