Keepit supports the backup and restore of versions of SharePoint items in a list and files in a library.
SharePoint versions backup can be enabled or disabled in the SharePoint configuration.
Backed up versions can be previewed in the Versions Viewer Previewer.
You can recover your items and files the following ways:
- Restore all versions
- Restore only the most recent version
- Restore a previous version
Use the Versions Viewer Previewer to restore a previous version of a file and item.
Use the item restore to recover specific files or folders. Here you can also select to restore only the most recent version or all versions of each file and item.
Use the restore wizard to recover all files. Here you can select to restore only the most recent version or all versions of each file.
Restore SharePoint versions with the Versions Viewer Previewer
Restore a previous version of a file
1. In your connecter, find the file you want to restore.
2. Select ••• > Versions.
3. Select the Version history tab. Here you can find and preview older versions of the file.
4. Select the version you want to restore, and then select the restore icon.
5. Select Yes to restore.
Restore all versions or only most recent version
From the Versions Viewer Previewer, you can also restore the file by restoring all versions or just the last version. Select the restore icon in the toolbar and then select what versions to restore.
Restore SharePoint versions with the Item restore
Restore SharePoint items or files
Restoring SharePoint items and files restores them in place.
1. In your connecter, find the item or file you want to restore.
2. Select ••• > Restore.
3. Select what to restore:
- Restore most recent version: The more recent item or file version will be restored as a new version.
- Restore all versions: All existing versions will be overwritten.
4. Review the summary and select Restore.