In order to back up Salesforce, you have to have access to the Salesforce API. See the list of supported licenses:
Supported User Accounts
You must have a Salesforce System Administrator user account to use when creating a connector. Only this user has the permissions needed to access all the data on your Salesforce agent.
Query All Files Permission in Salesforce
To back up all of an organizations' files and attachments – not only those owned by the admin – the system administrator who created the connector must enable the Query All Files permission in Salesforce.
To enable the Query All Files:
1. Sign in to Salesforce using the admin account.
2. Select Setup > Administration Setup > Manage Users > Profiles.
3. Edit the System Administrator user profile, scroll down to Administrative Permissions, and check the box for Query All Files.
Create a Salesforce connector
To create a Salesforce connector:
1. Sign in to Keepit.
2. On the Connectors screen, click Add, and then select Salesforce.
3. Enter a name for the connector, and then select Sign in with Salesforce account. You will be redirected to https://login.salesforce.com/.
Note: We cannot redirect you to https://test.salesforce.com/. Accordingly, we cannot back up files found in Salesforce Sandboxes.
4. Enter your Salesforce credentials to sign in.
5. Read through the permissions needed by Keepit, and then click Allow. You will be redirected back to Keepit.
Note: You will only be asked for permissions the first time you create a connector. After that, Keepit retains the permissions it needs.
6. Configure your connector.
Here you can:
- Edit the name of the connector.
- Configure the number of API requests usage. For more information, see Your Salesforce API requests usage.
- Limit the retention period. For more information, see How do I change a connector's retention period?
- Manage user access to the connector by selecting the lock icon. For more information, see How do I configure role-based access control for a connector?
7. Select Save. Your connector will be created and the first backup will be scheduled.