In order to back up Salesforce, you have to have access to the Salesforce API. See the list of supported licenses:
Supported User Accounts
You must have a Salesforce System Administrator user account to use when creating a connector. Only this user has the permissions needed to access all the data on your Salesforce agent.
Please also check that API access is enabled in the profile of the System Administrator account or check that this user has a permission set that has API enabled.
Query All Files Permission in Salesforce
To back up all of an organization's files and attachments – not only those owned by the admin – the system administrator who created the connector must enable the Query All Files permission in Salesforce.
To enable the Query All Files:
- In the left navigation pane, under Users, select Permission Sets.
- Select New.
- Enter a label and API name (e.g., QueryAllFiles) and then click Save.
- In the Apps section, click App Permissions and then click Edit.
- In the Content section, check Query All Files and then click Save.
- In the pop-up, click Save to save the permissions.
- Click Manage Assignments.
- Click Add Assignments and then select your administrator user.
- Click Next > Assign > Done.
Note: The Salesforce UI may vary and change. In case you need assistance setting this up, please contact Keepit Support for up-to-date instructions.
Create a Salesforce connector
To create a Salesforce connector:
1. Sign in to Keepit.
2. On the Connectors screen, select Add connector > Add Salesforce connector.
3. Select what environment to back up and then select Next.
4. Select Sign in to be redirected to the Salesforce sign-in page.
5. On the Salesforce sign-in page, sign in with your Salesforce System Admin user account credentials.
6. Read through the permissions needed by Keepit, and select Allow.
Note: You will only be asked for permissions the first time you create a connector. After that, Keepit retains the permissions it needs.
6. Configure your connector.
Here you can:
- Change the name of the connector.
- Configure the number of API requests usage.
- Manage user access to the connector by selecting the lock icon in the lower-right corner.
- Limit the retention period of the connector by selection the calendar icon in the lower-right corner.
7. Select Create. Your connector will be created and the first backup will be scheduled.