You can use the Restore Wizard to restore entire groups along with their team data or to restore only parts of your group data.
Note: Wiki pages are backed up, but they cannot be restored, only downloaded or shared.
To restore group and team data:
1. To open the Restore Wizard, to the right of your connector select the Restore icon.
2. Select Restore, and then select Next.
3. Select a snapshot from the time you want to restore, and select Next.
4. Select Groups & Teams, and then select Next.
5. Select the groups and data types you want to restore, and then select Next.
Tip: To recover a whole group, select all data types.
6. Select how to handle duplicate items, and then select Next.
You have two options:
Skip duplicate items
- Modified items (same item but with different timestamps) will be skipped.
- Modified plan tasks (same item but with different timestamps) will overwrite the plan tasks in Groups.
Overwrite existing items
- Modified items (including plans) (same item but with different timestamps) will overwrite items in Groups & Teams.
7. Review the summary, and then select Restore.
Important: Group conversations, calendar events, plan tasks, and files present in Groups & Teams but not in the snapshot will be deleted.
Team channel posts and replies present in Groups & Teams but not in the snapshot will not be deleted.