The first time you create a connector, the Configuration for Office 365 dialog will automatically appear. To edit your configuration in the future, simply click the gear icon to the right of the connector you want to back up, and then click Configure connector.
To ensure that all your data is properly backed up, please make sure you have properly set up your Office 365 account, see: Preparing your Office 365 account
If you are setting up a large tenant with more than 500 users, please see: What is the best way to set up the backup of a large tenant?
To configure your backup in the configuration dialog:
1. Select the types of data you want to back up.
SharePoint, Groups & Teams, and Public Folders are not related to any specific accounts, so if you select any of these, all the data in these areas will be backed up.
If you select SharePoint, you will be provided with the possibility to custom configure your SharePoint backup. For more details, click here.
2. Select users or groups of users to add to your backup.
You can only configure the Users tab or the AD Groups tab—not both at the same time.
We recommend selecting groups to make it easy to configure the backup of multiple users at a time.
- To include all users, go to the Users tab, click Load Users, and select the Users check box.
- To include specific users, go to the Users tab, click Load Users, and then select the check box next to each user you want to add.
- To include all groups, go to the AD Groups tab, click Load Groups, and select the Groups check box.
- To include a category of groups or specific groups, go to the AD Groups tab, click Load Groups, and select the check box next to the desired category of groups, or expand one and select the groups that you want to add.
- To include all new users in the backup, select Automatically add all new accounts to the backup. Please note that this option is not available for groups because all new members of the selected groups will be automatically added to the backup.
3. Limit the retention period for this particular connector if necessary.
4. To manage access to the connector, select the lock icon. For a step-by-step guide, click here.
5. Click Save.
The backup will be scheduled immediately.
The Last Update column on the Connectors screen shows the time of the most recent backup.