Restore Salesforce records using a CSV file with a list of records
1. On the Connectors page, point to the connector and click the Restore icon.
2. Select where to restore:
- If you select to restore to the same location, select Next. The records will be restored to the same environment.
- If you select to restore to a different location, select Sign in. You will be redirected to the Salesforce sign-in page where you must enter your Salesforce System Admin user account credentials for that environment.
3. Select a snapshot from the time you want to restore, and then click Next.
4. Select Upload CSV of records and click Next.
5. Upload a CSV with a list of record IDs and click Next.
Make sure the CSV file conforms to the requirements found here:
6. Select whether to also restore related records and click Next.
If you enable this function, all related records lower in the hierarchy will be restored. Files and attachments of related records will also be restored.
7. Select whether to restore specific fields and anonymize data. Click Next.
Anonymizing fields replaces sensitive data with dummy data.
Note: Certain fields such as ID and Name must be restored.
8. Review the summary and click Restore.