The audit log records events initiated by all users on your Keepit account.
How do I access the audit log?
Master Admin and Audit users have access to the audit log.
The audit log page can be opened by clicking on Audit Log in the left-hand menu.
What does the audit log show?
The following information is included for each event recorded by the audit log:
- User: User who initiated the event
- Area: Type of event
- Action: Event that occurred
- IP: IP address of the user who initiated the event
- Time: Date and time the event occurred
What events does the audit log record?
The audit log records every time a user:
- Signs in or has a failed sign-in attempt
- Creates or deletes a new user
- Changes own login or password (a user that is not a Master Admin)
- Edits own user information (a Master Admin)
- Changes role, password, or expiration time of another user (a Master Admin)
- Creates a new connector
- Updates a connector
- Deletes a connector
- Schedules a backup (a backup is scheduled the first time a user creates a connector - the next backups run automatically and are not recorded in the logs)
- Schedules a restore (includes import)
- Schedules an item restore
- Creates a new SSO configuration
- Creates, updates, or deletes a shared link
- Downloads a file
- Downloads a folder as a .zip file
- Previews a file
- Browses data (i.e., enters a folder)
- Browses a shared folder
- Assigns or removes an RTBF label
Filtering audit logs
You can enter terms in the filter field to narrow down the audit data.
You can also use the available filter categories by selecting the filter icon. Make your selections and then select Apply filters.
Downloading the audit log
You can download a CSV file of the audit log by selecting the download icon in the toolbar.
If you filter the list before starting the download, the CSV file is also filtered this way.